Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Berg Video

I seem to have a lot of mixed feelings today. I seem to be in a minority on this one, but I think things have been blown way out of proportion. No, I don't think it was the smartest decision in the world. However, it is current events and I do feel as though high school students are old enough to view it. They watch movies that are just as bad. I realize that one is fact and the other is fiction, but I don't think that a lot of teenagers view it like that. I think they are so used to seeing things like this that it doesn't faze them as much as it would us. At the same time, I really don't know. I haven't watched it, nor do I want to. Mainly, I feel it is disrespectful to him and his family to watch it.

My final summary is this. No the teachers should not have shown it. If the students did it on their own, then it's not the teachers fault. If it was my child that told me he watched it, I would not cause an uproar. I would talk to my child about it and try to explain it. Then talk to him about respect. I really feel as though this is getting more attention then incidents where teachers are involved with their students. I think this should have stayed within the school districts.

To view the article click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home